We, the family of St. Paul the Apostle Roman Catholic Church, the body of Jesus Christ, are piously called to assertively provide opportunities for each person to use their time, talents, and treasure for the greater glory of God, and to live and grow in our faith in the presence of Jesus Christ.
We thereby bring the Good News of Jesus Christ to our community through joyful proclamation of God’s Word, prayerful worship, reverent celebration of the sacraments, and catechesis for everyone about the Universal Church and its place in the world and our local community.
In 1927 Father Leopold J. Stump gathered Annville children for Sunday School in area homes; this planted the seeds for a new parish. Fr. Stump bought the old United Brethren Church at the corner of West Main and Concord Streets. The church, built in 1861, needed much work before the mission of St. Paul the Apostle was ready to celebrate its first Mass on July 15, 1928.
On July 20, 1928, the mission was raised to the status of parish, and Father Leo B. Kirchner became its first pastor. St. Paul the Apostle Church became the fifth parish in Lebanon County and served nearly all Italian immigrants working for the Millard Lime and Stone Company. The new parish grew at a slow but steady pace. World War II and Ft. Indiantown Gap brought a cross section of the nation’s people to the area. Lebanon Valley College has attracted many Catholic students and professors. Suburban sprawl contributed to its growth, and necessitated a whole new parish complex.
When the parish celebrated its golden anniversary in 1978, all realized that plans were needed for different and bigger buildings. On July 27, 1980, ground was broken on a new site for the people of St. Paul the Apostle Parish. After a year of prayer and hard work, the first Mass was celebrated in the new church by Bishop William H. Keeler on Saturday, September 12, 1981. On November 1, 1981, Bishop Joseph T. Daley dedicated the new church amid great rejoicing.
Today, St. Paul the Apostle Parish serves over 700 families. In the year 2013, we celebrated 85 years of faith in Lebanon County. This year, for 2016, we celebrate our 35th anniversary in our current church building.