The Legion of Mary, the largest apostolic organization of lay people in the Catholic Church, is open to practicing Catholics 18 years or older. The organization strives to make its members better Catholics through a balanced program of weekly prayer and service in union with the Holy Spirit as He operates through Mary, Mother of the Church.
Spiritual works, done under the guidance of the pastor, may include visiting the sick, teaching religious education and RCIA, door-to-door evangelization, prison ministry, promotion of the Rosary and devotion to the Blessed Mother, and many other spiritual needs. Meets Thursday at 9:45 AM
Mission Statement: The mission of the Legion of Mary of St Paul Roman Catholic Church is the salvation of souls and increasing an individual’s faith for the glory of God by imitating The Blessed Virgin Mary, the mother of Jesus Christ, through prayers and service. Activities to fulfill our mission include the following:
- Spread devotion to Jesus Christ and The Blessed Virgin Mary through recitation of the Most Holy Rosary, teaching people to pray the rosary, and adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
- Provide spiritual support by visiting the homebound in their homes or nursing homes
- Make Jesus Christ known by weekly leading the Most Holy Rosary or assisting in the Holy Mass for the inmates at the Lebanon County Correctional Facility
- Provide comfort and prayers by visiting the sick at the hospital
- Pray the Most Holy Rosary before all Masses
- Evangelize by visiting people door-to-door, inviting them to learn more about the Catholic Church and to visit St. Paul the Apostle Roman Catholic Church
Jr. Legion of Mary
For youth 8 to 18. Meets Saturdays at 4 PM
For more information, please contact Lisa Hreniuk at 717-838-2919.